Running a business is expensive. Your budget has to cover the baseline costs, like purchasing goods and paying employees, while also including extra room for any unexpected expenses. Each dollar that comes in and out of the company is important. That’s why it is crucial that all money is spent efficiently.
Unfortunately, some facets can be a major drain. One example is refrigeration. Your monthly energy bills could be inflated due to a refrigerator that is operating inefficiently or requires frequent repairs. While each of these things may seem small, they can add up quickly in the long run. Luckily, there are numerous ways you can save money on refrigeration costs.
Try a few of these tips, ranging from simple to more difficult, to reduce costs through efficient commercial refrigeration in Florida:
- Replace the seal: This important feature often gets overlooked, but the rubber seal on the door is your refrigerator’s first line of defense. The seal protects the fridge from any unwanted air coming through or any cool air leaking out. Over time, the seal can begin to lose its suction or begin to tear. Replacing the seal as soon as it starts breaking down will reduce those monthly energy bills.
- Clean it up: The condenser coil is responsible for drawing out the warmth from the unit. It needs to be in top condition in order to do its job properly. A thick layer of dust can make it difficult for them to operate efficiently. The coils then have to work harder to perform the same task, which leads to an increase in energy consumption. Fortunately, this is an easy fix. Use a bristle brush to clean off any dirt regularly enough to prevent any major buildups.
- Insulate suction lines: Suction lines are tasked with transporting the refrigerant from the compressor to the evaporator. This becomes much more challenging due to overheating. Insulating the suction lines is an inexpensive way to prevent this from happening. The suction lines will be able to operate more efficiently and reduce energy usage by being prevented from absorbing any excess heat.
- Replace old parts: Old, cracked and warped parts can do a number on the efficiency of your refrigerator. In addition, you also end up spending more money on emergency repairs when worn down parts cause a breakdown of the entire unit. Replacing older parts before they become a problem will save you a significant amount of money in the long run.
- Schedule an inspection: This is the most cost effective way to save money on refrigeration expenses. Scheduling an annual inspection will ensure that any issues are detected early on. Then, they can be repaired efficiently, and at a price your budget will appreciate. Regular maintenance is well worth the investment when it comes to your commercial refrigerator.
Ready to schedule an inspection or a repair? Then call the experts at 5 Star Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, Inc. We’ll help you save money on the cost of your commercial refrigeration in Florida.